Get your marinade on...

5:06 PM
That means in other terms, homemade marinade or what I call Sofrito.  You can never have too much and this batch will last us a while. We use our sofrito to marinate our meats (chicken, steak, pork chops, you name it!) and we also use it in our Spanish yellow rice and our beans or any other dish that needs a little flavor.

Here's how I make it:

2 large green peppers or 3 smaller ones (seeded and cut into small chunks)
1 large red pepper or 2 smaller ones (seeded and cut into small chunks)
2 Spanish onions medium size (cut into small chunks)
2 large garlic wholes, split/peeled
2 large Cubanelle peppers or 3 smaller ones (seeded and cut into small chunks)
10-15 Asijes peppers, split and seeds taken out
1 Tablespoon of Salt (preservative)
1/4 cup of white vinegar

In your blender, food processer or in my case my Ninja blender, mix all ingredients and blend till small bits. Pour into containers. As you can see from my setup, I have small, medium and large containers.

I am using the larger container for now and I froze the other 2. When I get low then I will take the one out of the freezer and place in the refrigerator.

On a side note, I sometimes use silicon ice cub trays and when I use my instant pot I do not marinate ahead of time but instead Sauté and throw in 2-3 cubes and my other spices and sauté the meat to lock in the flavor. Recipe coming soon on how I make my Pollo Guisado or Chicken Stew in my instant pot.





*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Tracy & Roberto - Husband & Wife Duo
Our love of repurposing, homesteading, learning to be
self-sufficient, RVing, making homemade goods & living simply!
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“When the living gets unburdened with needs and desires, the life becomes simple and easy to carry.” - Shashi, Songs of the Mist

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.