RV Kitchen Wall Painting

5:28 PM
I have to admit, I thought "Oh this will be an easy job, it's a small kitchen, heck it's in a 27' camper!" Ok, I was wrong.

Not only did the painting take 3 coats, but the fact that I work everyday those 3 coats took 3 days. Again admitting that it wasn't as bad as I had thought it was going to be, especially since the walls are like a super thin layer of wood and coated with wallpaper, and in my case, wallpaper from 1989, not to pleasant.

As you can see from the pictures below the step 1, picture was when I had to putty the holes and sand them down to begin painting. See what I mean about the ugly wallpaper?

(Can't see it? click on pic for a full view)

Ok so that wasn't so bad or was it? <insert laughing here> but honestly I am glad to see it gone, now that the walls in the kitchen area are complete, I'm ready to tackle the task of finishing up the painting of the cabinets. LET ME TELL YOU, I surely had a fun time putting painters tape down. NOT!

Well here's the additional pictures, please excuse the mess this camper is in for a remodel.

 

The paint I used is a antique white I purchased from Walmart. It's a paint and primer in one, figured I needed the additional adhesion because I wasn't stripping down the wallpaper but instead patching the holes and painting right over it. 

Final results: I love it! The picture above to the right is after the final 3rd coat. Looking good huh?

Check back soon for more pictures on the cabinet painting and final finishing touches.


*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Tracy & Roberto - Husband & Wife Duo
Our love of repurposing, homesteading, learning to be
self-sufficient, RVing, making homemade goods & living simply!
Hoping to be full time RVing by the summer of 2018! *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experiences.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.