RV Kitchen Cabinets Makeover Pt. 1

Y'all don't understand how long I have waited for this day. Instead of procrastinating about how cold it is outside or that we are due for more snow, I stepped into gear this morning and around noon time (had to wait for hubby to go do some repairs on our rental) that I went in full force and I got so much done... only took me about 5 hours but so worth it in the end.

Let's just say that the painters tape took me longer than painting, but we have these material type ends to our cabinets, I guess just in case you bump your head there is a cute cushion, which by the way in my opinion is pretty smart but they are brown and not so much matching our new décor change but for now they will stay. I did decide to paint the plastic piping around these so hence, the painters tape. Remember to also tape around your outlets, light covers and anywhere you don't want your new color paint to get to. I had to maneuver some tape around where our stove is, and that area is pretty small but it worked out.

Take a peek at this first photo, it's after the first coat, I am using a custom color match from Home Depot and can you believe I actually brought them a spatula to color match with? <chuckles) Hey, it worked! I had the lady behind the paint counter take a picture of the spatula in the color matching system. She told me "This isn't the first weirdest thing someone has brought us to color match". I am thinking that picture is somewhere on the WWW or heck even facebook but I am happy the color matched perfectly, spatula and all.


Mejias Life Adventures

I am so sorry for the dark picture but this is after the first coat and the next picture is of the 2nd coat and the last picture is pretty much the true color, geeze had to get the right angle. Didn't help that the sun wasn't out today and I even used the flash on my phone. It was actually starting to snow once I was done.

Mejias Life Adventures

Please, excuse the mess, it will be cleaned up in no time. Talked to the hubby when he got home and told him, no if and's or buts about it, we're putting the cabinet doors back on this weekend and he said ok. Funny how he came home and it's pitch dark outside and says he wanted to see the cabinets, lol. He was impressed and said how nice they look and couldn't believe how fast I got them done. WOO HOO! Pat on the back for me. Check back later and we will show you how everything looks put back together.

Hope you all enjoy! Remember that remodeling a camper takes time but it will look amazing in the end.

What do you a'll think of the color? I am contemplating painting the medicine cabinet in the bathroom this color but still haven't decided on that just yet.

P.S. I also painted the walls inside the cabinet the antique white just like the walls I painted in my previous post.

About Us: Tracy & Roberto - Husband & Wife Duo
Our love of repurposing, homesteading, learning to be
self-sufficient, RVing, making homemade goods & living simply!
Hoping to be full time RVing by the summer of 2018!
“The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experiences.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.